Top Tips for After Waxing Skin Care
Most people who worry about waxing are concerned with the initial pain while getting the procedure done. While the act of waxing can be painful for some, it’s also important to take care of your skin afterward to avoid pain and irritation. Your skin will be sensitive for about 24 to 36 hours after your appointment. Below we’ll go over the steps you can take to prepare your skin after waxing.
- Exfoliate and Moisturize - Be sure to moisturize the area a day or two after waxing to avoid clogging pores. Exfoliation should be done about two to three days after your appointment. Waiting allows pores to close and skin to recover.
- Avoid swimming - Both chlorine and saltwater can irritate freshly waxed skin, so we advise waiting 48 hours before swimming in a pool or at the beach.
- Apply a Cold Compress - Cold compresses work wonders to reduce red bumps, inflammation, and irritation. They also calm red skin and feel great. If you do not have a cold compress, massaging the area with an ice cube works as well.
- Wear Loose Clothing and Natural Fabrics - Do not wear any clothing that will be tight around the waxed area. If you’ve waxed your bikini area, opt for comfortable underwear. Loose clothing avoids friction and sweat, which may lead to irritation or infection.
- Avoid sun exposure - Stay away from the sun for 48 hours after waxing, or you may run the risk of scarring or burns.
Waxing Staten Island
If you’re ready to get rid of unwanted hair, call us. We offer the best waxing Staten Island has to offer.