What You Need to Know Before Going For Bikini Waxing
Bikini waxing can be a great thing to do before a vacation or during the summertime. It’s ideal for individuals who want to get rid of unwanted hair but do not want the hassle of shaving every other day. If you’re a newbie to waxing in Staten Island, there are a few things to know before you go to your first appointment.
- Do not schedule an appointment right before that time of the month. You obviously do not want to go in for a bikini waxing when you’re on your period. But you also want to avoid waxing three days before your period as your skin is extra sensitive during this time.
- Do not shave before your appointment. As tempting as it may be, avoid shaving before your appointment. Shaving may ultimately force your waxer to turn you away. When hair is too short, it’s impossible to pick up. Your hair should be about ¼ inch in length during your visit. It’s always better for it to be longer than shorter as the esthetician can trim the hair to the appropriate length.
- A little bit of pain is inevitable. We are not going to sugarcoat it; bikini waxing hurts. The level of pain varies from person to person. Individuals with thick and coarse hair are more likely to feel worse pain.
- Hydrocortisone cream is a great soother post-waxing session. If you experience any irritation, an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream reduces redness and calms inflammation.
- Avoid going to the beach immediately after you get waxed. Many individuals turn to waxing during the summer or before a vacation. However, it’s best to avoid the sand until after your skin has healed.
Waxing Staten Island