How to Alleviate Waxing Pain
Many people shy away from waxing because they are scared of the pain. They wish they could quickly and easily get rid of unwanted hair, but they let their fear get in the way. We will not say that waxing is pleasant and it is more painful for some than others. However, there are ways to alleviate pain from waxing and make the experience much more bearable.
If you want to get rid of excess hair by waxing but are hesitant, let’s go over what you can do to make it less painful:
- Stop the pain before it starts – We suggest taking aspirin about a half-hour before your appointment. You can also numb the skin by applying a numbing cream to the area.
- Do not apply ice – While we mentioned that a numbing cream is a great option, do not use ice to numb the area. Anything cold will tighten the pores.
- Avoid astringent and toner – Just like ice, these products will tighten the pores making it harder for the wax to grasp the hair follicles.
- Talk with your aesthetician – Let your waxer know about your worries and concerns. Speak up if anything feels particularly painful or uncomfortable.
- Don’t drink alcohol or caffeine – Some people may turn to coffee or wine to calm their nerves before their wax appointment. However, these stimulants may cause your skin to be more sensitive. It’s best to stick with water to ensure your skin is hydrated.
- Use a body scrub – A gritty body scrub will remove dead skin cells around the hair follicle, allowing for an easier exit when waxing. A good body scrub will also help to prevent ingrown hairs.
If you’re interested in the best waxing Staten Island has to offer, give us a call.
Related Reading Waxing Staten Island